Guidance on ARRA Quarterly Reporting/FTE Calculation
Quarterly Reporting System – No Longer Required
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), Section 1512, mandated that recipients of ARRA contract, grant, and loan awards report quarterly on the status of those awards. However, the January 17th enactment of the Federal Government’s Fiscal Year 2014 Omnibus Spending Bill brings an end to Section 1512 reporting as of February 1, 2014, making Quarter 4, 2013 the last time recipients will report on the status of their awards.
The Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board (RATB) recently announced that Q4 2013 will be the final 1512 quarterly reporting period. See: http://www.recovery.gov/arra/News/featured/Pages/Recipient-Reporting-Ends.aspx
Note: The quarterely reporting information will remain posted here for the remainder of the Race to the Top Grant for archival/reference purposes.
General Guidance: LEAs receiving RTTT funds must complete quarterly reporting pursuant to Section 1512 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. LEAs must report the FTEs of jobs directly funded with RTTT funds during the quarter and cumulative vendor expenses from the beginning of the award, which is the same process followed with other ARRA grants. LEAs are also responsible for reporting the FTEs of jobs funded through vendor contracts, such as their contracts with BOCES to conduct network teams.
FTE Calculation for LEAs Using Funds on a Single LEA: In order to calculate FTEs for RTTT grants that are used entirely by a single LEA, the LEA should follow the process for all ARRA reporting as detailed at Sample ARRA Jobs Worksheet.
FTE Calculation for LEAs Using BOCES: For districts using BOCES services for Race to the Top implementation, the individual LEAs are still responsible for reporting their portion of jobs created at the BOCES using the district's RTTT allocation. Instructions are available at: FTE Calculation for LEAs Using BOCES.
- The ARRA Reporting System for the period of Quarter 4, 2013 is now closed (the information here is for archival/reference purposes.). Include only amounts from July 1, 2013 through December 15, 2013 for 2013-14 grant awards. Reports are due from all sub-recipients by Tuesday, December 31, 2013. The system remains open for online budgets, budget amendments and final expenditure reports.
- ARRA overview (1.53 MB)
- General guidance on FTE calculation and information on How to Calculate FTEs for Districts Using BOCES
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Sample ARRA Jobs Worksheet – how to calculate CURRENT QUARTER jobs created or retained for FTE reporting
- U.S. Department of Education Guidance on ARRA Reporting Requirements