How to Calculate FTEs for LEAs Using BOCES
LEAs that are using BOCES as vendors to implement the grant should follow the following process for FTE reporting:
- Identify the amount of the LEA RTTT grant
- Contact the BOCES and ask how many FTEs were funded during the quarter and the sum of the RTTT grants that shared these FTEs.
- Calculate the LEAs portion of the sum of grants.
- Multiply the LEAs portion times the FTE's to get the LEAs FTE's directly funded during the quarter.
- Enter the LEAs FTE calculation on the ARRA Reporting System
Consider the following example:
- LEA draws down $20,000 during the quarter (e.g., 3/16/12–6/15/12) from their RTTT grant
- BOCES funded 2.8 FTEs during the quarter
- BOCES reports that the sum of all the RTTT grants that share these FTEs is $200,000 during the quarter
- LEAs portion of funds is $20,000/$200,000 or .1
- LEAs portion of FTEs is 2.8 multiplied by .1 which equals .28
- LEA reports .28 FTE on the ARRA Reporting System at NYSED Business Application Portal
For vendor expenses, LEAs should report cumulative expenses from the beginning of the award year to the 15th of the last month of the quarter: for example in year 2 of RTTT, expenses from 7/1/11 through 6/30/12. This is the same as for all other ARRA grants.