Education Data Portal: Data Dashboard Solutions
- Additional MWBE Subcontractors (28 KB)
- Questions and Answers (Part 1 of 2) - Word (1.94 MB)
- Questions and Answers (Part 1 of 2) - PDF (1.13 MB)
- Questions and Answers (Part 1 of 2) - Excel (166 KB)
- Questions and Answers (Part 2 of 2) - Word (1.48 MB)
- Questions and Answers (Part 2 of 2) - PDF (692 KB)
- Questions and Answers (Part 2 of 2) - Excel (56 KB)
OVERVIEW OF THIS PROCUREMENT OPPORTUNITY
The New York State Education Department is requesting proposals (RFPs) for products and services to develop, test, deploy, and support an Education Data Portal (EDP). The goals of the EDP procurements are to:
- Make student data available to New York’s educators, students, and their families to support instruction and student learning.
- Make curriculum and instructional resources available to New York’s educators and families to support instructional improvement and professional development.
- Create sustainable and open technology that promotes innovation, flexibility, and choice and enables local education agencies (LEAs), schools, and regional organizations to develop or procure additional applications or new functionality more rapidly and at reduced cost.
- Leverage emerging technology interoperability standards for education applications to remove barriers to innovation and scaling of successful tools for personalizing learning.
NYSED is seeking to support at least three primary use cases through the EDP procurements:
- Educators use data to help identify student educational needs and have integrated access to aligned State-provided and user-generated curriculum and instructional resources. Access between data dashboards and curriculum and instructional resources should be provided within the EDP single sign-on environment by means of intuitive navigation, access to integrated search functions, and, optionally, embedded recommendation engines.
- Parents (or guardians) view their child’s data and have a common framework within which to structure communications with educators.
- Students enrolled in grade six and above access data elements available to educators and parents as part of their preparations for college and career readiness.
NYSED will leverage existing and planned assets, in addition to new contracts awarded via two RFPs to acquire the technology, products, and services required to successfully deploy and support the EDP. The two EDP procurements are:
- EDP Data Dashboards RFP: The EDP Data Dashboards procurement is a request for third-party hosted software applications for presenting educators, students, and families with timely and relevant data that support instruction and student learning, within the EDP single sign-on environment. It is NYSED’s intent to award contracts to as many as three (3) Data Dashboard solutions vendors and to enable Local Education Agencies (LEAs) or schools to select their local solution from among the awarded contracts.
- EDP Content Management and System Services RFP: The EDP Content Management and System Services RFP includes all of the services needed to develop, test, deploy, and support the EDP that are not included in the Data Dashboards RFP. The EDP Content Management and System Services RFP includes development of a Content Management and Collaboration tool, an integrated portal, as well as overarching EDP project management, integration, support, help desk, and other professional services.
NYSED believes that the EDP goals can be best met by collaborating with multiple states to ensure interoperability, reusability, and security of some of the core technology components required.
New York, along with Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, and North Carolina, are Phase I and II states participating in the Shared Learning Collaborative (SLC; see http://slcedu.org/ ). NYSED will leverage the data store and application interfaces of the Shared Learning Infrastructure (SLI) in implementation of the EDP. It is expected that all data to be displayed by the data dashboards will be sourced through the SLI using its standard interfaces and services.
Vendors who plan to respond to these RFPs are strongly encouraged to review the SLI technical specifications at http://slcedu.org/technology/technical-specifications to ensure that proposed solutions will be compatible with the SLI.
SUMMARY OF THIS PROCUREMENT OPPORTUNITY
The New York State Education Department (NYSED) Office of Information Reporting Services is seeking proposals for Education Data Portal: Data Dashboard Solutions.
Subcontracting (exclusive of subcontracted hosting services) will be limited to forty percent (40%) of the annual contract budget. Subcontracting is defined as non-employee direct personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel. Bidders are required to comply with NYSED’s Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation goals for this RFP. Please see the section on NYSED’s Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Compliance Requirements.
NYSED is issuing concurrently a separate RFP, for Education Data Portal: Content Management and System Services. The same vendor cannot be a prime contractor on both contracts, although a vendor can be a prime contractor on one and a subcontractor on the other, or a subcontractor on both. All roles depicted with an asterisk in the “Proposed EDP Management Structure” diagram in Section 1.3 must be provided by the prime contractor on the Content Management and System Services contract.
NYSED will make up to three (3) awards pursuant to this RFP. The contract(s) resulting from this RFP will be for a three-year term with two optional one-year extensions.
Service Area: Office of Information Reporting Services.
Mandatory Requirements: See Section 2.2 of the RFP.
MANDATORY BIDDERS’ CONFERENCE
A mandatory bidders’ conference will be held on May 11, 2012 at the New York State Education Department, Room 5 A/B, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12234 from 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm ET. All interested bidders must attend this conference to be eligible to submit a bid. All bids received from entities that were not in attendance at this conference will be treated as nonresponsive and disqualified from the review process.
The following information WILL BE INCLUDED in the contract that results from this RFP:
- The State of New York Agreement (Section 4.10)
- Appendix A – Standard Clauses for all NYS Contracts (Section 4.11)
- Appendix A-1 – NYSED standard changes and additions to the State of New York Agreement (Section 4.12)
- Appendix Q – Amendments and Additions to Appendix A-1 for this Contract and Additional Contractual Provisions (Sections 4.13.1 to 4.13.40)
- Appendix A-2 – American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Additional Contract Record Keeping Requirements (Section 4.14)
Vendors who are unable to complete or abide by these assurances should not respond to this request.
Exceptions to these contract terms and conditions may be raised during the Question and Answer period and through the cover letter submitted with the proposal. Note that NYSED will only consider exceptions to the State’s draft contract if doing such is in the State’s best interest. Any draft contract exceptions taken by a bidder should fully describe how they are in the best interest of the State for NYSED’s consideration. NYSED expressly reserves the right to reject or accept any such exceptions in whole or in part at NYSED’s sole discretion. NYSED will not entertain exceptions brought to its attention after the proposal due date or during contract negotiations. The bidder’s proposal and/or proposal price must not be contingent upon these requested exceptions, and must remain firm, even if all such exceptions are rejected by NYSED in their totality.
Components contained in RFP Proposal #DS-07 are as follows:
- Description of Services to Be Performed
- Proposal Format, Content, and Submission
- Evaluation Criteria and Method of Award
- Administrative Specifications
- Submission Documents
Questions About the RFP: Content questions regarding this RFP had to be sent by close of business May 18, 2012. The period for content questions is now closed. Please refer to the Questions and Answers document for answers to questions received. Questions about RFP process may still be directed as follows:
|Kathleen Moorhead||Lynn Caruso||Joan Ramsey|
Schedule of Key Events:
|RFP Release Date||April 20, 2012|
|Letter of Intent||May 4, 2012|
|Mandatory Bidder’s Conference (in Albany)||May 11, 2012 @ 1:30 PM ET|
|Optional SLC Bidder’s Conference (via web conference)||May 16, 2012 @ 12:30 PM ET|
|Question Submittal Deadline
(Questions may include proposed exceptions to the Terms and Conditions)
|May 18, 2012 @ 5:00 PM ET|
|Question Response Release (Part 1 of 2)||May 25, 2012|
|Question Response Release (Part 2 of 2)||June 1, 2012|
|Proposals Due||June 19, 2012 @ 3:00 PM ET|
|Proposal Evaluation Begins||June 20, 2012|
|Technical Presentations||July 23, 24, 25, 2012|
|Recommendation & Designation||August 3, 2012|
|Contract Finalization||August 6, 2012 – September 6, 2012|
|Contract Execution||September 15, 2012|
|Work Begins||November 1, 2012|
Letter of Intent
All interested bidders should submit a Letter of Intent (see Section 5.10). The Letter of Intent should be submitted electronically to edpDataDashboards@mal.nysed.gov and submitted by May 4, 2012.
The following documents must be submitted in separately sealed envelopes, as detailed in the Section 2 - Proposal Format, Contents and Submission, and be received at NYSED no later than June 19, 2012 by 3:00 PM:
- Technical Proposal labeled “Technical Proposal - RFP #DS-07 Do Not Open”
- Cost Proposal labeled “Cost Proposal - RFP #DS-07 Do Not Open” (See Section 5.8)
- M/WBE Documents labeled “M/WBE Documents - RFP #DS-07 Do Not Open”
Note: A copy of the technical, cost, and M/WBE proposals must also be submitted in Microsoft Word/Excel on CD-ROM. Please include it in a separate envelope labeled "CD-ROM – RFP#DS-07 Do Not Open."
All proposals should be delivered via a method that requires a signature from NYSED upon receipt. The mailing address for all the above documentation is:
NYS Education Department
Bureau of Fiscal Management
Attn: Lynn Caruso, RFP#DS-07
Contract Administration Unit
89 Washington Avenue, Room 505W EB
Albany, NY 12234
(Facsimile copies of the proposals are NOT acceptable)
- RFP DS-07 in PDF (1.10 MB)
- RFP DS-07 in Word (1.94 MB)
- PDF (168 KB) | Word (213 KB) DDS Revised MWBE Documents Section 5.9_060112 |
- PDF (16 KB) | Word (42 KB) DDS Revised MWBE Purchases Section 5.8_060112 |
- PDF (15 KB) | Word (38 KB) DDS Revised Subcontracting Form Section 5.8_060112 |
- PDF (12 KB) | Word (26 KB) Iran Divestment Act Certification_060112 |
- EDP DS-07 T&C Revs FINAL clean 6-1-12 (376 KB)
- EDP DS-07 T&C Revs FINAL markup 6-1-12 (278 KB)
- Data Dashboard Attachment 6.1 - Shared Learning Infrastructure Documentation ZIP file (4.60 MB)
- Data Dashboard Attachment 6.2 - Detailed Requirements (25 KB)
- PDF (70 KB) | Word (82 KB) Data Dashboard Attachment 6.3 - Hosting Services |
- Data Dashboard Attachment 6.4 - Maintenance and Support Services | PDF (56 KB) | Word (91 KB)
- Data Dashboard Attachment 6.5 - Company Experience and References | PDF (64 KB) | Word (67 KB)
- Data Dashboard Attachment 6.6 - Staffing Plan and Resumes| PDF (57 KB) | Word (39 KB)
- Data Dashboard Attachment 6.7 - Counts of Student Enrollment, Classroom Teachers, and Other Educators (1.14 MB)
- Data Dashboard Attachment 6.8 - Statement of Work Template | PDF (136 KB) | Word (115 KB)
Original RFP Posting Date: April 20, 2012