RFP Number: SA-13
Mathematics Curriculum Reviewer Geometry, Algebra II
and Pre-Calculus (Grades 10-12)
- Questions and Answers (182 kb) - POSTED January 22, 2014
The New York State Education Department’s (NYSED) Office of Curriculum is seeking proposals from bidders with demonstrated knowledge, expertise and the capacity to provide third-party validation that the curricular material produced by the math curriculum vendor for Geometry, Algebra II, and Pre-Calculus (grades 10-12) is of highest quality and aligned to expectations as articulated by:
- NYS P-12 Common Core Learning Standards for Mathematics
- Common Core Instructional Shifts in Mathematics
- Tri-State Math Rubric
- Publishers’ Criteria
- Expectations for New York State Common Core Assessments
- PARCC Model Content Frameworks for Mathematics
- Progressions for the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics
The eligible bidders for this RFP include: not-for-profit and for-profit organizations; Local Education Agencies (“LEAs”); Boards of Cooperative Educational Services (“BOCES”); and public or private Institutions of Higher Education (“IHEs”). For the purposes of this RFP, an LEA is defined as a school district or a charter school.
Subcontracting will be limited to 30% of the total contract budget. Subcontracting is defined as non-employee direct personal services and related incidental expenses, including travel. Bidders are required to comply with NYSED’s Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) participation goals. The goals are 12% Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and 8% Women-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE). Compliance methods are discussed in detail in the Minority/Women-Owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Participation Goals section below.
NYSED will award one (1) contract pursuant to this RFP. The contract resulting from this RFP will be for a term anticipated to begin May 1, 2014, and to end September 23, 2014.
Questions and Answers
Questions and Answers (182 kb) - POSTED January 22, 2014
Questions regarding this RFP must be submitted by email to MathReview@mail.nysed.gov no later than the close of business on January 17, 2014. Questions should be identified as Program, Fiscal or M/WBE. A Questions and Answers Summary will be posted to http://usny.nysed.gov/rttt/rfp/ no later than January 24, 2014. No individual responses will be provided.
|Program Matters||Fiscal Matters||M/WBE Matters|
|Mary Cahill||Nell Brady||Joan Ramsey|
The following documents must be submitted in separately sealed envelopes, as detailed in the Submission section of the RFP, and must be received at NYSED by February 10, 2014, no later than 3:00 PM EST:
- Submission Documents labeled Submission Documents – RFP #SA-13 Do Not Open
- Technical Proposal labeled Technical Proposal – RFP #SA-13 Do Not Open
- Cost Proposal labeled Cost Proposal – RFP #SA-13 Do Not Open
- M/WBE Documents labeled M/WBE Documents – RFP #SA-13 Do Not Open
- CD containing the technical, cost, submission and M/WBE proposals submitted using Microsoft Word. Place in a separate envelope labeled CD– RFP #SA-13 Do Not Open.
|Release of RFP||January 7, 2014|
|Proposals Due||February 10, 2014|
|Projected Contract Start Date||May 1, 2014|
The mailing address for all the above documentation is:
NYS Education Department
Bureau of Fiscal Management
Attn: Nell Brady RFP #SA-13
Contract Administration Unit
89 Washington Avenue, Room 501W EB
Albany, NY 12234
Additional information and the application materials are available in the following documents:
- RFP SA-13 Documents in PDF (1.56 MB)
- RFP SA-13 Documents in Word (285 KB)
- Questions and Answers (182 kb)
Original RFP Posting Date: January 7, 2014
The New York State Education Department does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, race, gender, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or sexual orientation in its educational programs, services and activities. Portion of any publication designed for distribution can be made available in a variety of formats, including Braille, large print or audiotape, upon request. Inquiries regarding this policy of nondiscrimination should be directed to the Department’s Office for Diversity, Ethics, and Access, Room 530, Education Building, Albany, NY 12234.