DUNS Number and System for Award Management (SAM) Entity Registration (formerly CCR Registration)

To be eligible for ARRA funds, including Race to the Top, LEAs must have a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number and register with the new System for Award Management external-link (SAM). LEAs that anticipate the receipt of ARRA funds must comply with this requirement. LEAs will not be able to request ARRA funds online until they have a valid DUNS number and have registered with SAM.

As of July 30, 2012, Central Contractor Registration (CCR) has been replaced by System for Award Management (SAM), which is a Web-enabled government wide application that collects, validates, stores and disseminates business information about the federal government's trading partners in support of the contract award, grants and the electronic payment processes.

As with CCR, LEAs/vendors will need to renew their registration with SAM external-link at least every 12 months from the date they previously registered.

Frequently Asked Questions

I was registered with CCR, do I need to register with SAM?
If your institution is already registered with CCR you don't need to do anything now. You'll receive an email notification letting you know when your account is about to expire. At that time you will need to create an account in SAM. You will need to know the email address and username from your CCR account in order to migrate your existing information and permissions into your new SAM account.

If your record was scheduled to expire between July 16, 2012 and October 15, 2012, CCR/SAM is automatically extending your expiration date by 90 days. You will receive an e-mail notification from CCR when your expiration date is extended. You will then receive standard e-mail reminders to update your record based on this new expiration date. Those future e-mail notifications will come from SAM.

How do I register with SAM?
To register/revalidate with SAM go to: external-link

How do I request a DUNS Number?
The CFO or business office for the LEA can register/check their DUNS number on the Federal website at: external-link. A valid DUNS number is needed to register/revalidate with SAM.

Additional Frequently Asked Questions

Last Updated: February 6, 2014