American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA)
ARRA overview (1.53 MB)
Final Expenditure Report Guidance (178 KB)
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) contains $787 billion in new federal spending and tax cuts, including approximately $100 billion for education funding, college grants, and tuition tax credits. According to U.S. education Secretary Arne Duncan, this funding will lay the foundation for a generation of education reform and help save jobs at risk of state and local budget cuts.
The New York State Board of Regents and the State Education Department are committed to ensuring that ARRA dollars allocated to education reach eligible recipients as quickly as possible to support critical projects and prevent job loss. This website provides the latest news and information on ARRA and state funding for education. Check the site often; updates will be posted as soon as they become available.
All ARRA Stabilization fund recipients are expected to comply with a set of assurances concerning the use of State Fiscal Stabilization Funds.
- June 7, 2013: The ARRA Quarterly Reporting System is now open for Quarter 2, 2013
- July 29, 2012: Central Contractor Registration (CCR) has been replaced by System for Award Management (SAM). For additional information go to DUNS Number and SAM Entity Registration.
- July 17, 2012: 2011-12 Education Jobs Fund (EJF) Final Expenditure Report (including Supplemental amount) now available. It must be submitted no later than September 30, 2012.
- July 17, 2012: 2011-12 Race to The Top (RTTT) Final Expenditure Report now available. It must be submitted no later than September 30, 2012.
- June 06, 2012: Supplemental 2011-12 Education Jobs Fund (EJF) Budget Amendment now available.
- September 30, 2011: The Education Jobs Fund (EJF) 2011-12 Budget Summary is now available
- September 16, 2011: RTTT Annual Program Report (APR) (Deadline: September 30)
- September 9, 2011: Letter to ARRA Grant Recipients About Approaching Deadlines
- July 29, 2011:Education Stabilization Fund (ESF) Final Expenditure Report for 2010-11 is now available. Due by August 19, 2011.
- July 25, 2011:Education Jobs Fund (EJF) Final Expenditure Report for 2010-11 is now available.
- July 15, 2011: Letter to ARRA Grant Recipients
- April 4, 2011: Commissioner urges careful attention for ARRA grants ending soon (34KB)
- Archived Updates